This digital asset, property of Repsol, S.A., may use first and third-party cookies for statistical, analytical, and/or advertising purposes, as notified in the consent popup displayed when you access our website for the first time on your device.
You may select the cookies to be installed according to their purposes. If you have accepted them in error or if you have changed your mind about your initial selection, please read the final section of this policy to find information about erasing the cookies installed on your browser.
Below, we provide more details on cookies so that you may make an informed decision.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are installed on the users’ device for the purpose of storing, retrieving, or updating information. They allow the owner of a digital asset (website, mobile app, or similar) to learn about the habits and/or preferences of users when browsing their digital asset and/or to personalize the services offered based on these preferences in those digital assets where this functionality is available.
The data is collected in relation to a specific device and browser, or similar. This technology enables us to know information such as what pages you visited previously, how long you spent on our digital asset, and which sections you accessed. In this way, if you visit our digital asset again, depending on the cookies options you accepted, we will be able to recognize you and offer you value-added content and services that are more according to your preferences.
Cookies are used for different purposes. For example:
- To analyze and measure the number of visits the digital asset receives
- To allow the user to browse a restricted access area once they log in with their credentials
- To facilitate online purchase processes (cookies make it possible to remember each product added to the shopping cart)
- To remember user preferences (language, font, etc.)
- To obtain information about other visited pages and offer ads based on those visits
What type of cookies do we use?
The type of cookie we use may vary depending on the digital asset you browse according to its type and purpose. We will inform you of this in the cookie settings panel in each digital asset.
Depending on which entity manages the system or domain that sends out the cookies, we can differentiate between:
- First-party cookies: These are sent to the user’s device from a system or domain managed by the editors themselves and through which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are sent to the user’s device from a system or domain that is not managed by the editors themselves but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Some of these cookies installed may involve overseas data transfers. We recommend you consult the websites of these third parties for details in each case.
According to their intended purpose, we use the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: These cookies make it possible to browse a website, platform, or mobile app and to properly use the different options or services offered.
- Preference or personalization cookies: These cookies allow us to remember information to enable users to access the service with predetermined characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of others.
- Analytics or measurement cookies: These allow us to track and analyze users’ behavior on websites, platforms, and mobile apps they are associated with, including quantifying the impact of ads.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies allow us to store the users’ behavioral information through the continuous observation of their browsing habits and enable us to offer ads through banners or similar mechanisms (i.e. you will only see online ads as we have no other way of contacting you).
- Profiling cookies: These cookies allow us to create a profile based both on your browsing habits and the information you provided to us by other means. If you browse a restricted access area with your user credentials, then we will be able to link the information related to your behavior on the website or mobile app with your registered user account and other personal data we process.
How long do we retain your data?
For a maximum of one (1) year.
How can you modify or clear cookies?
You can manage the preferences you accepted at any time by following this link.
Additionally, if you would like to delete any cookies that have been already stored on your device, you can do so from your browser. You can find out how to do it by going to your browser’s help menu where the steps to delete them should be explained.
For more information:
Updates and changes to our Cookies Policy
Repsol may modify this Cookies Policy based on new legislative and regulatory requirements or adapt it for improvement purposes.
Whenever significant changes are made to this Cookies Policy, users will be notified by means of a notice that will be published on our website.
Version: November 2022